Thursday, February 23, 2012

Dinner Out on the Town

My parents invited us to their club for the annual Valentine’s Day dinner and we joined them, my sister, and her boyfriend for a fun evening out on the town! Our friends Becky and Matt were so awesome and took Carter for the night so we could enjoy some adult only conversations! The night began with a cocktail reception and butler passed hors d’oeuvres before moving into the ballroom for a four course dinner. There were musicians playing some festive jazz music and all the staff were wearing white gloves. The ballroom was filled with fragrant red roses and beautiful candles set the mood for the night. Our first course consisted of She Crab Bisque with a little pastry and then we moved onto mixed greens with a goat cheese fritter. Thank goodness for my race that morning because I ate every single bite!

008

vday1

My parents had just gotten back from a week in St.John!

My dad looked like Bob Barker compared to me and Alex hahaha

vday2

Our main course arrived and I nearly licked my plate clean. We had an amazing filet topped with lobster and Béarnaise sauce with a side of asparagus and twice baked potatoes. Afterward, Alex opened up a few gifts (we were also celebrating her 25th birthday!) and then we finished with a flourless chocolate cake with hazelnut bark and chocolate dipped strawberries. We also got to go home with our centerpiece roses…and Alex and I may have taken a few others on our way out to create some beautiful bouquets! It was an amazing night and I am so thankful to my parents for including us! This was our third time celebrating Valentine’s Day at the Club and I hope we can continue to go back year after year!

vday3

4 comments:

  1. How fun to have a grown up dinner with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun night!!! That meal sounds amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh my mouth is watering!! Your dad is so tan haha!! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete