Thursday, September 13, 2012

What I’ve Been Working On

shutterfly1

Besides growing another human being...hehehehe I used to be a huge scrap booker, spending all my free time pouring all my memories into huge books! Then I got sucked into the blog world and put my energy into keeping up and maintaining our family blog. shutterfly2When Carter was born, I used the blog to share stories, pictures, and all things baby but then wanted a way to print out what had been going on. I know there are some sites that take your blog and put it directly into a book, but I never found one that I really liked and wanted something a bit more custom. I have always used Shutterfly for cards and various other projects so I decided to try them for my photo books too. I started from day one and as soon as I blogged, I would add the stories and pictures into a photo book. I was really good at keeping up with the books until Carter turned one. I made a photo book for every month of his first year and then a huge first birthday book. After that, I stopped working on them and have fallen behind! Well, lucky for me, Shutterfly has been running a free 8x8 photo book promotion so I have been hard at work getting caught up on all of Carter’s monthly happenings. shutterfly4Even though I have the blog, it is so nice to have these pictures and memories printed out so I can read them to him and share with friends and family. Because I have a few different accounts (shh…don’t tell…) I ended up making four books and am finally back on track. Instead of doing separate books for each month like I did with his first year (I finally came to my senses…those darn things get expensive!!!) I broke it down into 13-18 Months, 19-24 Months, A Second Birthday Book, and 25-30 Months. I absolutely love the way they turned out and can’t wait until they come in the mail next week!

To be honest, I just haven’t been in a blogging mood lately and the few times I have been on my computer this month have been spent working on these books. I have a couple things to write about, like my 32 Week Bumpdate, so one of these days I’ll get back to it! Thankfully life has been pretty uneventful and quiet so there really hasn’t been to much to write about anyway. So, in the meantime, here are a few previews of the pages in C’s books.

shutterfly5

shutterfly6shutterfly7

shutterfly8

shutterfly9

shutterfly10shutterfly11

7 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Love seeing his book! I spent all of Tuesday while N was in school doing the same thing so I could get the free book! I thought about opening another account in Chris's name so I could make two, but I never got around to it. Cute book- it turned out great! Get that 32 week bumpdate on here too now! Thanks for blogging for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also- were you able to figure out a way for free shipping with this? I ended up paying the $7.99 for shipping which I know I shouldn't complain about, but I normally use that Ship30 code. Didn't know if any other codes existed. Too late now....but maybe for next time.

    Also- in my comment above, I mean bookS plural. I wrote my comment before reading everything in detail and seeing that you ended up making 4! That is a lot of work- good job getting it done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job! He's grown up so much even from these photos. You'll be happy you have these keepsakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge fan of these Shutterfly books too! I wish that I could say that I am as caught up as you, but...I'm not : (

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute! I love Shutterfly books too, and especially when they send out the free ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE! You had done an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! These will make wonderful keepsakes!

    ReplyDelete