The third week in September we met our entire family for a week long vacation in HHI! There were fifteen of us in the “big house'” and my Grammy, Aunt Cindy, and Uncle Greg were there too! We arrived late on a Saturday afternoon and immediately set off to check out the ocean. My mom picked an unbelievable house that was second row and had beautiful views of the Atlantic from the top floor. It was an easy stroll down the boardwalk to dip our toes in the sand! I was thrilled to bring Carter to HHI because it was the first time we went to the beach when he could walk and actually didn’t mind touching sand. Our other trips to the beach with him were less than successful but this time he loved it! Ok, maybe not loved it…but had way more fun than in the past! He is still weird about sand touching his hands, but so am I so I can’t really blame him ;) He did enjoy jumping the waves with his daddy, building lots of sand castles, playing ladder golf, and hanging out with all his relatives. He made a new best buddy in “the other” Alex (cousin Jessica’s long time boyfriend) and had a blast with his little cousin Nathan. I am so thankful to my awesome parents for arranging this amazing trip and allowing us to come along! We made some great memories and it was a fun last hurrah with everyone before baby h2o comes along!
We made it! Hello HHI!
Stay tuned for more pics to come from the rest of our week!
I want to go back!
ReplyDelete