Monday, September 3, 2012

Preschool Update

004Did I mention Carter’s school has cameras in the classroom? It is such a nice feature that gives this first time mama a chance to peek in on her boy and see how the day is going. 90% of the time he is off camera or they are out of the classroom doing other things, but it gives me a lot of peace to know I can get a baby fix if I start missing him too much! It’s also nice because I can see that he is not in fact crying the entire day like I was so worried he would do. In fact, daddy dropped C off at the start of his third week and he walked right into his classroom without any tears! I was so proud of my boy and so thankful that this transition seems to be going a little better for him. We have started going to church at his school too so he’s even more familiar with his new surroundings. I am so grateful for all your comments, thoughts, prayers, and well wishes as we embarked on this journey! I know it was tough going for a bit there but I am hopeful that the worst is behind us and C will continue to enjoy his school! I continue to ask God to reassure me that we are doing the right thing and this week I finally have peace about our decision to start school so early.

school11

C talks about sitting “Criss-Cross Apple Sauce” all day long!

school12

He ate something! The first time in three weeks he actually ate some lunch.

001

And just to clarify- as much as I am tempted, I don’t sit around watching the video feed all day long! This particular day I had it up while I dusted, vacuumed, and scrubbed my house! It’s nice to be able to be so productive while still peeking in on how he is doing. It also works on my phone so occasionally I watch when I’m in between errands to make sure he is all right. Having the monitors lets me relax a bit and know that he is in a safe, fun, loving environment. We did just spend almost every single day of the last 2.5yrs together after all so I knew giving up control would be especially tough on me!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, that little poem just made me cry. Asher has his first day of school tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. Those cameras are all I would watch - ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures!!! Ahhh- I am so nervous about tomorrow!!! So glad C is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preschool is the good Lord's gift to mothers. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete