Friday, August 10, 2012

Thanks Pinterest!

Weeks ago I “pinned” a birth day box idea on Pinterest and I kept seeing it again and again on the internet. I finally remembered to buy a shadow box and started collecting all the special mementos from the day Carter was born. It’s still a work in progress and nothing is glued down, but I am thankful to have all these precious pieces in one spot! My plan is to paint the “C” the color of his room and now that I have seen it hanging up, I want to switch the birth picture with the onesie and foot print. I bought a second shadow box for Baby h2o and it is hanging right below this one ready to be filled :)

The box includes C’s first footprint and hospital bracelet, his first onesie (handmade by Auntie Kris), his twelve week ultrasound, one of his newborn hats, a birth announcement, the “It’s a Boy!” pin from his first day, and a big wooden C. We never actually sent out birth announcements so I just made that one the other day on Shutterfly. We also did not do any professional looking newborn pictures which is my only regret from when he was little. These are things I plan to remedy when h2o comes around!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I haven't seen this on Pinterest yet, but I'm loving it. I better start following you on Pinterest! Thanks so much for the Christmas book suggestions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, who did your blog design? I'm loving it, and I definitely need an update on mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love love!!! Must do this for NOra asap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I've seen these on Pinterest too and have thought about doing one for T and the new baby...and you've just inspired me to do it!

    That's my only regret from when T was born too...no professional pictures. I've already been in touch with the photographer to schedule Gunner's : )

    ReplyDelete