Last Saturday we finally got a break in the brutal temps that have been hanging around the South so I suggested we get outside and enjoy it while we could! Thank goodness we did because Sunday was once again hot and gross. We headed a few miles north the Sawnee Mountain nature preserve and set out on a family hike. C started off walking for about five minutes and then happily climbed aboard Linc’s back for the rest of the trek up! Although I was huffing and puffing for most of the walk, I was proud that baby and I made it all the way up without stopping! The weather was perfect and we could see for miles once we reached the observation deck. We stopped to have some water and a little snack before turning around and hitting the playground back at the bottom. It was the perfect day with our little family and I am so grateful for moments like these in the middle of a super busy work month!
Mommy, h20, Carter, and Daddy at the top!
Our happy little hiker!
GIRL! You are my hero! I walk up a flight of steps and am huffing and puffing! The thought of a hike being 30 weeks sounds crazy! HA! I am going to let you represent for me and I will stand on the side and cheer you on and have cool water ready :)
ReplyDeleteso glad you had a beautiful day, and a great time hiking. I miss you all! xo
ReplyDelete