Once again, this is a little late but such is life! We had such a great time meeting baby h2o on Monday. Make sure to scroll down to read all about our halfway checkup! I think I woke up on the morning of week 18 and had “popped” over night! The belly doesn’t go away now and only gets bigger as the day goes on. I think most people can tell I’m pregnant (instead of just packing on a beer belly) and I have been feeling h2o kick and dance regularly now! Most days I am feeling good, just a few belly aches as things stretch out and only one instance of puking in the last few weeks! Note to self-- baby h2o does NOT like the crust of sandwiches…hahahah
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How far along? 20 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss? Up four pounds since my sixteen week check up (13 total).
Maternity clothes? Switched to all maternity bottoms but a mix of regular shirts. I love sun dresses too because it is getting really hot here!
Stretch marks? I have been lotioning up every day. Hopefully I can escape this pregnancy without too many more marks!!
Sleep? My sister Kristin brought the “snoogle” back and it helps keep me in position. I have been napping every day for about an hour and then going to bed shortly after Carter does. I am SO tired!
Best moment last week? We had our twenty week anatomy scan and got to watch baby h2o on screen for a really long time while the tech got all the measurements and pictures she needed. The baby was so precious and even waved to us a few times! He was a little roly poly and kept us entertained for close to twenty minutes! His heart rate was a strong 150bpm and he was very cooperative for pictures!
Worst moment last week? During my scan, the tech kept focusing back on my lower abdomen and finally explained that I had placenta previa. This was not something we were expecting to hear and got a little nervous until I had a chance to talk to my midwife. The good news is it’s only a partial and I have not had any spotting or bleeding yet. Unfortunately, I was put on “modified bed and pelvic rest” for eight weeks which basically means I can go about my daily life but am not allowed to do anything strenuous including exercise. The biggest bummer? Absolutely no tennis. I know there are so many other people with much more serious restrictions but after having a completely normal pregnancy with Carter and playing tennis up until two weeks before he was born, this came as a big blow. Obviously I know this is best for me and baby but it was a tough pill to swallow since I play multiple times per week and am in two leagues that were counting on me. Thank goodness I went out with a bang and fit in three matches before my appointment! My midwife fully expects this issue to resolve itself and we’ll do an ultrasound at the end of my eight weeks to see how things are progressing. The silver lining is getting to see baby again when normally I would not have anymore ultrasounds at all!
Movement? Baby h2o is an active little fella! His head is near my belly button and his tiny feet are constantly tap dancing down near my underwear line! I can feel him at certain times during the day and it is so much fun. I always try and stop and concentrate on him and soak in those precious little flutters. I know soon enough they will turn into jabs and punches and won’t feel nearly as good!
Food cravings? Eh. Nothing really but at least now I can look at food without gagging constantly. I never had any serious “got to have it now or else” cravings with Carter and this one seems to be similar.
Gender? Have you caught on yet?? Baby h20 is all BOY!!!
Labor signs? Nope. Hang in there little man! No coming out until at least late October!
Belly button in/out? Still an innie but getting surprisingly shallow already.
What I miss: Tennis :(
What I am looking forward to: I don’t want these next eight weeks to fly by, but I will be relived when we can go back to the midwife and (hopefully) see that everything is A-Ok!! My goal was to have a natural birth again so if the placenta previa hasn’t corrected itself that is off the table. I know in the long run a c-section would be fine, and as long as baby arrives healthy than I will come to terms with it.
Milestones: We are so thankful for a healthy, growing baby BOY and can’t wait to watch Carter fulfill his role as a big brother! All along he has been asking for a “buddy” and hopefully they will be the best of friends!
Baby Boy h2o at twenty weeks- 11 ounces
Ahhhh! A sweet boy!! Congrats!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteBrothers!! Now these baby brothers can be playmates too!! YAY!!
ReplyDeleteAwwww! I am tearing up at this post! So excited for you!!!! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteCarter will LOVE having a brother!! Baby H2O looks so cute already!!
ReplyDeleteA boy...you knew it all along! : ). Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! How fun to have another boy! So sweet.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! A sweet little boy!! I love the wonderful profile shot! Also, I had placenta previa with Connor, but apparently it was pretty severe and we didn't have any idea until the day Connor was born. Take it easy!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it's half way already! Boys are the best!
ReplyDeleteIt was so exciting to be there with you for the ultrasound and see the little bub in person. What a blessing another baby boy is!
ReplyDeleteYou take it easy and call me to help out whenever you need a break! xoxo
YAY! Congrats to yall!! So I am going to be stalking you and your blog so you can tell me exactly what to do and how to handle a little man! Exciting times and I am praying that the placenta stuff will resolve itself and for a great report in 8 weeks!
ReplyDeleteLove these updates. Praying for a healthy report in 8 weeks and so Carter will have a brother!!
ReplyDeletePaying for you. Bed rest (even modified) is no fun. So excited for you guys! Baby brother for Carter!
ReplyDeleteI finally caught up on your blog - you were right, another boy for your family! Congrats, that's so wonderful!!
ReplyDelete