Linc and I had been debating how and when to tell the parents when we found out we were expecting. Everyone was in town for Carter's birthday party so it seemed like perfect timing. I had been pushing to wait until Easter since it was still SO early into the pregnancy, but since we weren't totally sure we'd all be together again I caved and we made a plan. Linc bought a "Big Brother" shirt from Gymboree and we wrapped it up as C's last birthday present. The whole family was gathered around the living room watching C open presents but my dad kept leaving the room. We stalled for a while and then finally got everyone's attention. I had C sit on my lap and we carefully unwrapped the new shirt.
I held it up to Carter and said, "What does it say?"
I turned the shirt around and made eye contact with my mom first. She gasped. Then my dad burst into a huge grin and started laughing. Both my sisters were in disbelief but they were so excited.

Linc was snapping pictures as everyone got up to give hugs- laughing, smiling, and congratulating us. I am glad we were able to find the shirt so we could tell everyone in person while we were all together. Such a fun surprise and a great way to end Carter's big day!!
That's such a cute way to tell them!
ReplyDeleteYou have to stop it with these posts! It is getting me all teary.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, this is the greatest way to tell them.
So exciting!!!!!!! I love how you told them, I am so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!!
ReplyDelete