This summer flew by and before we even knew it, it was the night before kindergarten and my biggest boy was headed off to elementary school for the first time! Our bus pick up is at 6:50…in the morning… God help us. But we woke up before the sun on Thursday, ate a huge breakfast, and headed out the door. C is only one of three kids at his bus stop so we chatted, snapped some pictures and waited for the bus to arrive. We heard it barreling down the street and as the bus pulled up I gave my sweet boy a huge hug. He was ready for this. We were ready for this. No tears from anyone as he waved goodbye and leapt onto the huge bus stairs. And just like that, despite the months of anticipation, the silent prayers, the tears of thinking of this moment, it was over. He was gone.
I thought I should cry more, but I was so excited for him. I felt like I should be sadder, but I knew he was embarking on a wonderful adventure. It’s hard not knowing what he is up to all day long, who he is talking to, and what they are saying, but heading off to kindergarten is such a monumental step and I am just so proud of my boy. He has grown and changed so much in the last 5.5 years and I can’t wait to see him thrive in this new environment.
Carter’s First Days of P2, P3, P4, & Kinder
No comments:
Post a Comment