Well, I wont even hold you in suspense lol on a hot August day our Aberdeen mixed team took over the Dekalb Tennis Center and kicked some tennis booty! Not only did we win City Finals, but our captains took home a prize for best table-scape. Welcome to Our Mid Court Crisis! My partner Jay and I fought a tough three set match and unfortunately lost so it came down to the fives. They were literally the last court playing and shut down the tennis center with their epic battle. I had Lincoln on the phone who was away at a golf retreat giving him the play by play. Our teammate Megan was serving and lost the first point. Then slowly but surely, one by one, she was serving for the match and ultimately City Champs at 40-15. She hit a winner right down the middle and clenched the W for us! It was such an exciting moment and I screamed with joy into the phone! I have never been to City Finals so that excitement was enough but once we were there I really wanted to win! So glad our team fought hard and left everything they had out on the courts to snag us a huge silver plate. It is proudly displayed in the living room and will be for years to come!!
Winners of Best Table!
and the food was incredible too! Homemade smoked pork and mac and cheese.
Congrats to Team Aberdeen!
Back- Charlie, Mark, Keith, Matthews, Scot, Jen, Matt
Middle- Beth, Drew, Erica, Meghan, Heather, Wendy, Jay, Jim
Front- Melissa, Virginia, Captain Becky, Me, & Deb
No comments:
Post a Comment