Saturday, October 18, 2014

First Annual Powder Puff & Chili Cook Off!

IMG_1867

Our neighborhood hosted its first annual Powder Puff and Chili Cook Off Competition in October! The men gathered their best recipes while the ladies suited up and hit the field for a friendly (but incredibly competitive) flag football game! There were four teams and we had regular practice, real coaches, and a professional referee on game day! I was on team white- nicknamed Team White Lightening- and we were set to play first. I was so nervous but as soon as we got underway I had a blast! We ended up winning our first game and moved on to the play offs! I managed to catch two touch down passes and snag an interception during the game! Not too shabby for my first time out! It was such a fun way to get to know some of my new neighbors and certainly didn’t hurt that we now have bragging rights for the next year! Can’t wait until next fall!!

IMG_1868

Megan, Kristen, Juls, Lisa, and Me

ppfootball

1 comment: