Tuesday, March 5, 2013

To My Three Year Old

Dear Carter,

073-1Happy, happy, happy 3rd birthday my biggest boy and birthday twin! You were {and still are} the greatest birthday present I will ever receive! You tell me all the time you are not a baby anymore but you will always and forever be my sweetest first born. These past six months have possibly been the toughest of our lives but there are still so many moments when I look at you and know we must be doing something right!

You are wild and crazy with more energy than I know what to do with but you are also so cuddly and loving that it makes up for all the times I throw my hands up at your behavior in defeat. You are incredibly stubborn and head strong but with a very sensitive side that comes out when you are nervous, tired, or over stimulated. Right now you are obsessed with Spider Man, pirates, and anything that has to do with video games. You anxiously wait for daddy to get home in the evenings to play with you since they make mommy sick! You are one heck of a negotiator and have this little devilish grin that basically lets you get away with murder. You fell into the role of big brother very well, but I can still tell that it has been a really tough transition on you. You say all the time that Nolan is your best friend but there were a few weeks there where you told me to put him back in my tummy. It was difficult to go from the center of our universe to having to share it with your brother, but I promise you little man it only made your daddy and I love you MORE! Every day is an adventure with you and even though I can get frustrated with the never ending questions, comments, requests, etc just know that I love you more than anything and you will always be my favorite big baby ;) So happy birthday my dear boy. I hope this next year is even better than the last three have been and I cannot wait to watch you grow and develop into a little man!

Carter

085-1

My Sweet Carter- Three Years Old on March 5, 2013

10 comments:

  1. Awww, how special that you share a birthday. Happy birthday to you both! I love that last picture of C - soooo cute!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Carter! Our world changed for the better when you were born. You are a very special little boy indeed! You have brought so much joy to the family and we love you!!!! love Hattie and Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to Carter! And to you!!! I can't believe these kids are 3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! Happy birthday, Carter. Sniff, Sniff...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, sweet boy! Hope it's great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday little man! And Mommy too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is such a fun little guy. Happy Birthday C!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Carter!!! And to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet. Happy birthday to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birthday Carter! (and YOU!)

    ReplyDelete