Monday, January 28, 2013

Rainy Day Fun

What’s one way to keep from going stir crazy during a week of torrential rain? Cut up scraps of paper and let your toddler toss them all over the playroom… This actually wasn't what I had in mind for these paper scraps, but after seeing my bowl Carter wanted to play “paper toss.” Since we had been cooped up all day I knew he needed a way to release some energy and even though the control freak in me was not excited, I gave him the bowl and let him go wild! The result was tons of tiny paper scattered all over the room but one very happy little boy. I’d say the mess was totally worth it!!

020

toss1

toss2

toss3

toss4

toss5

It may have been a pain to clean up, but these special moments with my biggest don’t happen

as often anymore. I treasure the time when we can play together just the two of us!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Forty years right now, you'll never remember the clean up, just the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one-on-one time is so crucial and hard to get... slowly I am catching up. :)

    ReplyDelete