Friday, December 21, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree

012

Getting Our Christmas Tree- 11/28/12

After the disaster of last year’s tree knocking over not once, but twice (how did I not blog about it??) and emptying the entire contents of the water holder all over our hardwood floors we debated even getting a tree! But since it is Nolan’s first Christmas and C is really starting to understand what holidays are all about, we figured it wouldn’t feel right not to have a real tree! We headed to our neighborhood Lowe’s and picked out a nice petite tree to go in our kitchen. C had such a good day that we surprised him with ice cream for dinner and even though it was a quick evening, I’m glad we went!

tree1

tree1

With a new baby and a wild toddler to tend to, hanging ornaments on the tree took a backseat. Christmas cards started arriving and needing somewhere to put them, I stuck the cards in the tree! Voila! A Christmas Card Tree was born and not only helps the tree look decorated but gives me a great place to display all of our family and friends festive creations! I have already decided we’ll have a tree just for cards every year, even if it means buying more than one ;)

011

All our stockings hanging on the mantle!

tree2

I saved a few of my favorite cards from last year and added them to our tree.

We also added a few special birth announcements so they could be displayed too!

2 comments:

  1. Love the card tree! Think I need to add a 3rd tree and do that next year!!

    ReplyDelete