Friday, July 13, 2012

Rockywold Triathlon

One Rocky tradition we love is the annual Triathlon! Teams (or individuals/ironmen) compete in a swim, kayak, run format and there is always a great showing of campers. I believe our family had four groups compete and two ironmen! It was so much fun to watch and I hope next time we attend I can actually participate. I think I could have held my own against the girls doing the individual competition and would have loved to give it a try!! I was so proud of Linc for racing in the ironman and finishing with a great time. His younger brother Madison also competed and even though they didn’t win it was great to watch! The gentleman who did win races for a living so I don’t think anyone else stood a chance ;)

tri1

Competitors started off with a 400yd swim across the freezing cold Squam Lake. The second leg consisted of a really long kayak course. I am not sure of the exact distance but it was barely visible from the dock!! The kayakers then tagged the runners who took off on a 2 mile run across the camp. Almost everyone finished with a smile on their face and it was so much fun to watch! 

tri3

Aunt Jane (pictured below in white shirt/black skirt) lost 100 Pounds and competed in her team’s kayak portion! We are all SO proud of her and cannot believe what a transformation she has made since last year. She has worked very hard to get healthy and I am grateful we were there to celebrate her victory!

tri2

Congrats to all the Triathlon teams and Ironmen! What a great race!

1 comment:

  1. This is the part that I want to do! How much fun would that be?!?! Can we please find a "camp" in a nearby state?? For real!

    ReplyDelete