Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4, 2004

Eight years ago, Lincoln and I were on vacation in Holderness, New Hampshire. His family held a reunion every other summer at Rockywold-Deephaven Camp and for the first time ever, a non family member (me!!) was allowed to come along! Little did I know, Linc had big plans for us that week and had been collaborating with his step father to create the perfect proposal! We had been dating for four years and I had a feeling we were ready to move forward, but I was anticipating getting engaged around Christmas time- about six months after this trip. Imagine my surprise when Fourth of July rolled around and he popped the BIG question! Before blogs, I was a big time scrapbooker. Here are some pictures I took with my phone of the pages I made for our engagement. We only have a handful of photos from that trip, I did not have a camera back then and we were too busy playing tennis to worry about posing! Thankfully someone was behind the scenes in the dining hall the night of our engagement and snapped a few photos of us making the big announcement. Yes- in front of the entire camp!! What a fun night! Curious to know how the proposal went down? Keep reading below!

engaged

After a long nap, we decided to cruise around Squam Lake in a double kayak until dinner time. Right in the middle of our adventure, Linc stopped paddling to take in the scene. It was such a gorgeous day and we were surrounded by amazing blue sky and water. The mountains were off in the distance and we were loving life. I had no idea he was about to turn around and propose and when he asked me to spend the rest of my life with him, I was so shocked the only thing I said for minutes was, “Are you serious"?” When it finally sunk in, I started laughing and crying and of course said yes!! It is hard to believe that was eight years ago today. We never could have guessed where we would be now and the reality is far better than my dreams. I am so thankful for this amazing man that God brought into my life and the fact that I get to spend every day with him until death do us part. As the fireworks go off tonight, we will be toasting to the memories made at Rockywold that summer and all the amazing memories yet to come!

3 comments: