Saturday, July 23, 2016

Lessons Learned

Lessons learned from fostering three puppies:
  • 3 is too many!
  • We need a fenced in yard to do bigger dogs
  • Puppies who want out will find any way to escape no matter how many fences you put up
  • Potty training three rambunctious puppies takes the patience of a saint
  • I am not a saint
  • I love fostering but I am in over my head!




I think I knew from day one that this was going to be too much for me to handle but after a few days of round the clock puppy herding I was burnt out! Thank goodness for the other people at AAU who helped me find additional fosters to take over some of the responsibility.


Arren headed to her new foster mama Brenda


Arlie headed to new foster mama Rachel (who almost adopted her!)


Alber settles in as an only puppy. He doesn't seem to mind!


Nolan is smitten with his new dog brother

No comments:

Post a Comment