Saturday, February 21, 2015

Run Disney: The Race Expo

IMG_6584

On Saturday the girls and I went to Panera for breakfast and then straight over to the Wide World of Sports to grab our bib numbers and race packets. We decided to wear matching clothes all weekend because we are awesome like that (hence the shirts above…) and we got tons of compliments haha

IMG_6585

The expo had lots of cool swag and race sponsors inside so we spent some time walking around and checking out all the booths. As if we needed any more reminder how small this world really is…we ran into my freshman college roommate that I had not seen in 12 YEARS!! I saw her profile as we were getting ready to leave and called her name. Low and behold she had driven in from South Carolina to run that weekend! We almost missed each other by mere seconds and I am so glad I recognized her among the other runners! It was so crazy catching up for a few minutes and of course we had to snap a picture to document the event! I joked that we look exactly the same as we did 12 years ago, just with better hair haha

IMG_6593

Megan- my roommate at Clemson who I hadn’t seen in 12 years!

IMG_6586

IMG_6595

Having some fun in the New Balance photo booth!

IMG_6594

Almost ready to race!!

expo

After the expo, we went to lunch at Universal and had the most amazing nachos haha We had been craving them the entire time. It was so nice to sit outside and enjoy the fresh air. Afterward we drove to 3 Wal-Marts and one Target trying to find selfie sticks and sunglasses. We ended up with an adorable pair of matching polka dot sunglasses to use at the parks after the race. All of the selfie sticks ended up being defective so that was a bust. We also bought socks to use as arm warmers because the race was going to be a lot colder in the morning than we had anticipated. Shari had the awesome idea to use mens socks and cut a thumb hole in them to stay warm. They were perfect and looked great with our costumes!! We ended up at Panera again that evening and then tucked in to get ready for race day. A 2am alarm was on the other side and we were anxious to get some rest before the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment