Wow! It’s been quiet over here for a while. Life is flying by and 2015 has been a bit of a blur lately. I just got back from a whirlwind weekend in Orlando to run my very first half marathon and it was such a blast! I am much less sore than I expected and jumped right back into my boot camp training. I have my sights on a few more 10ks and want to focus on getting in the best shape possible for those. This will be the first post (back dated to the day they happened in real time) documenting our Run Disney weekend extravaganza!
I woke up on Friday morning to the most beautiful sunrise! It was an awesome reminder of the princess themed weekend to come and I quickly finished packing my bags and getting ready so we could hit the road. Linc dropped me off at Shari’s house and I rode with her to drop her kids off at school and pick up Nancy. The three of us snagged some bagels for breakfast and started off on our seven hour trek to sunny Florida. We made great time, stopping for lunch and gas and then straight on to our hotel. That evening we went out to Downtown Disney and were able to meet up with Kristin! Shari and Nancy each met friends for dinner and we had a huge table inside the Rainforest Café.
We went to bed relatively early to prep for the race expo the next day. Our room was absolutely the smallest hotel room I have ever seen and Nancy and I shared an itty bitty bed all weekend! I slept surprisingly well though and Saturday we were up with the sun ready to take on the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment