Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Year in Review

How fun to look back at this post from last year to remember all the great things that happened in 2008. Now as 2009 comes to a close I thought it would be a good idea to reflect on what an incredible year it has been. There are a lot...but here are some of my favorite highlights broken down by when they occurred:

January and February
  • Wessy and Tessy both turned two and managed to become even wilder!
  • Linc and I celebrated Valentine's Day with dinner at the club with my parents.
  • Alex turned 22 and we went to the Ritz on Lake Oconee for dinner!
  • I became an aunt (to little puppy Jax!)
March and April
  • We had "Thanksgiving in March" for my dad's birthday!
  • A month long birthday celebration for me and my friend's at school began.
  • I got to meet Kate Gosselin at Roswell UMC.
  • Courtney and Kyle found out they were having a girl.
  • Linc and I started playing T2 tennis together.
  • Snow storm in March caused school to be canceled!
  • My mom reached her two year cancer free anniversary.
  • Linc and I became T2 Division Winners!
  • We spent Easter with Ryan and Kris in Orlando.
  • Linc's company had a huge Moulin Rouge themed party.
May and June
  • Baby Grace was born, Ashley and Lake got engaged, and Cole and Leslie announced their engagement!
  • I celebrated Field Day by going home with strep throat! I was the seventh one in my class to catch it!
  • Alex graduated from GC&SU and we spent Mother's Day out at the lake.
  • Linc and I toasted to three years of marriage while in Chicago for Sara and Davo's wedding.
  • Courtney had her baby shower for little Leighton.
  • Linc and Dad won their T2 Championship on Father's Day weekend!
  • Spent some time in Kiawah and relaxing on the beach.
  • Brendon, Robyn, and baby Grace moved in down the street!!
July and August
  • PREGNANT!!! We found out on July 5th.
  • We spent two unforgettable and amazing weeks in Greece!
  • Leighton was born!
  • Began my third year teaching second grade.
  • I was involved in my first car accident- a hit and run!
  • We announced to the world that our family was growing by two little feet!
  • I began my weekly fruit/veggie baby updates!
  • We started planning the nursery and picked out the baby furniture.
September and October
  • First real pictures of Baby H looking like a human instead of a blob.
  • Celebrated Grammy's 8-0 in Hilton Head!
  • Began my second trimester and predicted Baby H would be a boy.
  • Attended Donna's Stampin' Up Party and made lots of goodies!
  • Survived another year of parent conferences.
  • The pups got to go to Doggie Day Care for the first time!
  • We got confirmation that Baby H is in fact a BOY!
  • Linc surprised me with tickets to SYTYCD! It was amazing!
  • Reached my half way point in pregnancy!
  • Celebrated Tricia and Greg's wedding (and Halloween) in Connecticut.
November and December
  • Began registering!
  • Won the T2 3.5- City Championship with Linc!
  • Baby Jack Weston was born and our small group got to celebrate!
  • My sweet momma found out her cancer had returned.
  • Mom and Dad redecorated our guest bedroom to prepare for the little one.
  • Cole and Leslie got married in Charleston.
  • Nursery furniture was delivered and set up!
  • Linc felt Baby H kick for the first time!!!
  • Thanksgiving at the Trotta's and Bo's farm!
  • Mom had surgery to remove the cancer from her lungs
  • Cookie Party at Robyn and Brendon's house
  • Labor and Delivery Tour at Northside and Breastfeeding Class
  • Linc won his KSwiss Tennis league!
  • Celebrated Christmas with all of our families and some special friends!
I feel so blessed to have such a long list of things to reflect on. Not all of them were good, but the year wouldn't have been the same without each of them. I am so grateful for my family and friends during this time and as we ring in the new year I feel hopeful that 2010 is going to be the best year yet! We have so much happening in the first few months and I am glad to have this blog to record it all. Thank you all for sharing this past year with me, through the ups and downs and all the events in between! I wish everyone a safe and happy new year and will see you in January!

2 comments: