Tuesday, December 24, 2013

* A Christmas Eve Without

{Written 12/03/14 and back dated to preserve the memory}

Our first Christmas without mom. It’s taken me nearly a year to write this post but I realized I didn’t want to look back in five years and have absolutely no recollection of what went on during that first holiday season. I’ve honestly already forgotten much of the days surrounding Christmas but I know we have some great pictures so I can at least share those.

DSC_5978

Christmas Eve 2013

The magic of Christmas is not lost on children. The babies were so young they didn’t really understand the fact that Hattie was not there to celebrate with us. Their excitement was hard to deny so we tried to keep everything the same as it has always been and for a moment we were able to forget we were in mourning. Cookies were baked, presents were wrapped, carols were sung, and we managed to survive our “First” and pull off a special Christmas nonetheless. That’s not to say there weren’t a lot of tears and moments of silence and pangs to the heart, but I know mom would have wanted us to celebrate and enjoy ourselves and continue making special memories for the boys.

cookies

Christmas Cookie Baking

cmas1

DSC_6005

cmas2

DSC_6038

Ready for bed! Hoping Santa brings lots of fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment