Friday, February 22, 2013

Nolan- Three Months Old

001

Three Months Old on 02/11/12

Not much has changed in the last four weeks with little man, which I guess is a good thing! It means we’re trucking right along and have settled into our new life as a family of four without too much trouble. I’d kill someone for some sleep right now but other than that things have been ok! Nolan loves to eat around the clock and still hasn’t figured out how to go long stretches at night. I guess being such a chunk means he gets hungry more often and he can be quite demanding at 2am. He loves, loves, loves his paci almost as much as Carter so that can sometimes buy me an extra hour or two if I catch him before he is fully awake and aware of how hungry he is.

003-1

This boy is teething up a storm and whether or not the teeth are actually going to show up soon, he is a drooly, crazy mess! Poor boy has a constant rash on his chest from being wet and I have started having him wear a bib all day to help. He will chew on anything and everything he can get near his mouth!

005-1

Nolan is still a pretty smiley guy but his moods change at the drop of a hat and he sure lets you know it! Literally within seconds he can go from the happiest boy in the world to an absolute devil. We are still battling reflux and tummy issues, as well as incredibly sensitive skin. I think he is pretty uncomfortable the majority of the day :/ I wonder if he is really itchy since he has eczema and we have yet to find something to treat it properly. Recently Cetaphil seems to have worked wonders and as long as I keep him completely slathered from head to toe his skin doesn’t dry out.

008-1

I love his beautiful blue eyes and the sweet noises he makes. This month brought Nolan’s very first laugh and he is so ticklish on his ribbies! I have to be careful though because too much tickling leads to projectile puking hahahaha occasionally it’s worth it to hear his infectious giggle.

013-1

It’s still amazing to me how seamlessly Nolan entered our family. Not to say that it’s been a cake walk, but not nearly as difficult as I had built it up in my mind to be. I am able to get both boys out of the house every single day to our various activities, run errands, go to the food store, meet up with friends, and generally go about our day just like before he was here. Things take a bit longer now and sometimes I loose my cool because I’m exhausted, but I think this month I’ve really got the hang of things.

4 comments:

  1. How did three months pass so quickly?! He's so precious and I'm proud of you for keeping on keeping on! You're doing a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those chunky monkey arms!! He is such a handsome guy. I hope he figures out the sleeping soon. Theo isn't a good example Nolan. Hang in there mama - you are raising some amazing little men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be ready for baby #3 in no time ;) haha jk! I'm glad that you've adjusted to two, it was a huge adjustment for me! He is so cute, and I hope to meet him soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. He is SO cute!!! I love his little faux-hawk!

    ReplyDelete