School starts back up tomorrow and I thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and prepare some meals ahead of time since I am always busy and tired on weekday evenings and not really interested in cooking. Linc and I worked side by side this afternoon and made two dishes that should last us through this busy time as we get back into our schedule and routine. I wanted to share one with you that we ate tonight and turned out far better than I expected.
Quick and Easy Beef Stew- 2 lbs. boneless sirloin steak- cubed
- 3 Tbl flour
- 1 Tbl vegetable oil
- 1 package McCormick Beef Stew Seasoning Mix
- 3 cups water
- 1 bag frozen vegetables for stew
I went to my neighborhood food store that had "beef for stew" already cut up and cubed into one inch pieces. The vegetables were a mix of carrots, corn, lima beans, peas, and green beans.
- Coat beef with flour.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add sirloin and saute until brown.
- Drain *
- Add seasoning, water, and vegetables and stir well.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
I also cooked some rotini pasta to eat alongside. After draining the meat I put everything in a big pot because my skillet wasn't large enough and I was afraid it would not all fit- hence the * next to step number four. It cooked for about 15 minutes and then I poured a serving into a bowl over a bed of pasta. It says it makes 8 servings but this meal was extremely filling and Linc and I only ate half our bowl each. This is a great and easy comfort food for the winter (because I have to believe we are actually going to get some winter weather one of these days)...it is also pretty healthy and makes a ton of leftovers if you are only cooking for two! So- I hope you try this recipe and enjoy this hearty meal! I know we did!
No comments:
Post a Comment